This document describes the 3 different ways you can interact with EstesCloud SpamFlare, our email filtering platform.
If you are the administrator for this domain, please see the section “If you are the postmaster” for domain wide settings.
If you are the network administrator and host your own mail servers, please see “Network Administration” for SMTP mail flow.
On a regular basis, EstesCloud.SpamFlare.com will email you a quarantine report. From that email, you can click any quarantine message and:
- Process the quarantine by:
- Deliver it to your inbox and whitelist that email address. All items in the quarantine for that sender will have to be manually released by you one by one, although future messages from that sender won’t be quarantined.
- Deliver it to your inbox and don’t whitelist it.
- Confirm it is spam.
- The quarantine report frequency can be changed or disabled completely.
- Email is held in quarantine for 7 to 14 days, depending on message volume.
The quarantine report only shows spam received since the last quarantine report. To view your ENTIRE quarantine, please read on to Full Quarantine.
This will allow you to process all messages in quarantine, not just those messages received since the last quarantine report as above. Visit http://estescloud.spamflare.com and login with your email address.
If you’ve never visited the Full Quarantine before, you’ll need to “Register now” Note: This login password is NOT your email password, although you can manually set it to that if you prefer.
Quarantine and Settings
This will allow you to process all messages in quarantine as well as define additional settings. Visit https://mxguarddog.com/login/ and login. (This uses the same credentials as above)
If you are not a postmaster, you can define the following (for your mailbox only)
- Email Whitelist (add and remove email addresses from the whitelist)
- Preferences (Quarantine report frequency, delivery time and report style)
- Change Password
If you are the postmaster, you can view and define domain wide settings
- Quarantine for the entire domain, not just your mailbox. You can release messages for all mailboxes as needed.
- Statistics about filtering ratios.
- Email addresses:
- Add, edit and delete email addresses: If your staff email addresses are not here, they won’t get any email! If you add or remove staff, please update this section, or open a ticket and we’ll be glad to help.
- Add, edit and delete email aliases
- MX GuardDog Servers and Your Email Servers: We strongly recommend you do not change these settings!
- Aggression: change the overall aggressiveness of the mail filter.
- Aggression Preference Level
- Bulk Mail Aggression Preference Level
- Sender = Recipient
- Country Blacklisting: If you never expect to receive email from specific countries, you can block them here!)
- Allow users to disable their own spam filter
- Email addresses:
- Blacklisting: By email address, domain, network and subject
- Whitelisting: By email address, domain, network and subject. We recommend adding your important vendors and customer domains here under “Domain Whitelist” to prevent any possibility that those emails will be quarantined and therefore need handling by each employee.
- Domains / Licensing
- If you’d like to help us keep costs low, you can post a link to MxGuardDog on your website. Contact us for more details.
- View Delivery Failures. If you have any failures and want our assistance, open a ticket here.
For those clients who host their own mail servers, both inbound and outbound SMTP will need to be defined:
Inbound SMTP Firewall Settings
If your firewall allows rules to be defined by DNS name, then all inbound servers are under:
You must allow SMTP (TCP Port 25) from these IP addresses.
- 126.96.36.199 – 188.8.131.52 (184.108.40.206/29)
- 220.127.116.11 – 18.104.22.168 (22.214.171.124/28)
- 126.96.36.199 – 188.8.131.52 (184.108.40.206/29)
Outbound SMTP Firewall Settings
You must allow outbound SMTP (TCP Port 25) to mail.estesgrp.com
Outbound SMTP Relay
In your Mail server, you should define “mail.estesgrp.com” as the outbound relay. It does require authentication, please open a ticket to obtain credentials
To help with the spam issues, we recommend defining an SPF record:
- v=spf1 a:mail.estesgrp.com -all